Re: memory benchmark of tuples branch

Aldy Hernandez wrote on 10/26/06 10:40:

As we have hoped, every single function exhibits memory savings. Yay.

Nice!

I don't know if this merits merging into mainline, or if it's preferable to
keep plodding along and convert the rest of the tuples.  What do you guys
think?  Either way, I have my work cut out for me, though I believe the
hardest part is over (FLW).

My vote is to merge into mainline sooner rather than later. However, it is a big patch and affects just about every module in the compiler, so I wouldn't want to barge in without getting some consensus first.

As for the rest of the conversion, I don't think there are many changes left that are as invasive as this one. Mostly global search and replace, but it's been a few weeks since I looked at the code.

I'm hoping we can extend the rest of the changes into late Stage1 and Stage2, but we can see about that as we go.