Re: r117741

On 17/10/2006, at 1:39 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:

On 17/10/2006, at 11:45 AM, Jack Howarth wrote:

Geoff,
   I noticed that the automake maintainers
accepted your patch for fixing the multilib
issues in automake. However they also seemed
to indicate that there would be no more 1.9.x
automake releases.
   Is the r117741 svn checkin related to this
issue? I ask because it was unclear to me how
the multilib issues with gcc could be resolved
until a new automake was released with the
required patch (so that it could be used to
regenerate the necessary configure files in
gcc trunk). Thanks in advance for any
clarifications.

Hi Jack,

I believe all this was covered in my message to gcc-patches relating
to that checkin.

Except it got lost because of a typo in the spam filter, see: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2006-10/msg00316.html

That's a shame, because I don't remember everything I said. I've re- sent the patch and maybe that will help answer Jack's question.