Re: Issue with hard regs

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 02:03:44PM +0300, nkavv@physics.auth.gr wrote:
> I thought i had added the necessary information (new register classes, character
> to match for the reg class) however i get the following error message:
>
> "unable to find a register to spill in class"

   Please provide more information, such as the list of reload for the insn.
There could be a number of reasons for a reload failure, some more obvious
than others. The least obvious one I've come across (just a few days ago) is
an unfortunate specification of CLASS_MAX_NREGS(), causing reloads to be
sorted in the wrong order (see reload_reg_class_lower() in reload.c),
thereby exhausting a small register class.

> Can i disable filling/spilling for this register class?

-ffixed-name_of_register

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen