Re: FW: How does GCC implement dynamic binding?

David Daney wrote:

Perhaps you are right, but it would not surprise me if there were commercial entities based around FOSS that would provide that type of support.

Certainly for instance AdaCore is able to provide this kind of
certification for its customers using its commercial version of
GNAT Pro (an Ada compiler based on GNAT Pro), and perhaps for
example Code Sourcery might be able to provide similar certification
for a product that they provide, but if you are looking for certification of some publicly available version, I think you
are out of luck.

It reminds me of a time in 1999, when someone demanded that we provide
Y2K compliance guarantees for the public version of GNAT. Of course I
declined (for one thing I had no way of knowing exactly what he was
using). He was outraged, and said "well in that case I will have to
stop using this version". I explained that this was indeed the case,
and offered the possibility of using the commerical version supported
by us, but that's not he wanted to hear, he wanted to use the freely
available public version (which is fine if it meets someones needs),
but wanted someone to guarantee compliance (which is not fine).