Re: How do I build C++ for xscale-elf?

Kai Ruottu wrote:
Jack Twilley wrote:
I am trying to build gcc on a FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE system. If there's more information I can give you, please ask.

What was the GCC version tried? The new gcc-4.1.1 seems to require the '--disable-shared'
for instance with ARM, otherwise it tries to link against the "created" 'libgcc_s.so.1' despite
of using the '--with-newlib'. A stupid bug and a stupid workaround ('newlib' neither the target,
'xscale-elf', don't support shared libraries). With the gcc-4.1.1 also the '--disable-shared' is
obligatory...

I tried gcc-4.1.1 from SVN (gcc_4_1_1_release) with the following configure line:

It fails on compiling regex.c in xscale-elf/libiberty with a whole bunch of errors about not bein able to find sys/types.h and strings.h and the like.

I have installed binutils-2.17 from SVN (binutils-2_17) for xscale-elf. Its version of libiberty installed into /usr/local/lib/ which makes me wonder how many things I accidentally overwrote while building that, but I'll rebuild FreeBSD later.

Should I have not built binutils? Was there something else I missed?

Jack.