Re: Merging identical functions in GCC

Daniel Berlin writes
>Please go away and stop trolling.

I'm not the one who's being rude and abusive.

>If your concern is function pointers or global functions, you can
>never eliminate any global function, unless your application doesn't
>call dlopen, or otherwise load anything dynamically, including through
>shared libs.

I hope that doesn't include global functions like list<int>::sort() and
list<long>::sort(), otherwise your optimization is pretty much useless.
If your optimization does merge such functions then you're still left
with the problem that their member function pointers might be compared
in another compilation unit.

					Ross Ridge