This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gets is not too dangerous
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: Miguel Angel Champin Catalan <mchampin at alumnos dot inf dot utfsm dot cl>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:23:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: gets is not too dangerous
- References: <44F75A10.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 05:52:16PM -0400, Miguel Angel Champin Catalan wrote:
> We ask you for a simple explanation (if it's possible) about our
> warning, telling that "gets" is not too dangerous, because in our case,
> works perfectly, under some restrictions obviously.
Really a gcc-help topic but ...
Google for "never use gets". It most emphatically is too dangerous.