This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gets is not too dangerous
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: mchampin at alumnos dot inf dot utfsm dot cl (Miguel Angel Champin Catalan)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 18:00:57 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: gets is not too dangerous
> We are students of computer sciences in the Santa Maria University,
> Chile. We just want to know if the function "gets" it's too dangerous
> for a warning. The fact is that our teacher's assistant give us a
> homework, and one restriction was to use gcc to compile our code,
> without warnings.
> We ask you for a simple explanation (if it's possible) about our
> warning, telling that "gets" is not too dangerous, because in our case,
> works perfectly, under some restrictions obviously.
the gets warning is not from GCC but from the linker because
glibc says to warn about it.