This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: First cut on outputing gimple for LTO using DWARF3. Discussion invited!!!!
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>, Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>, GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Hubicha, Jan" <jh at suse dot cz>, "Novillo, Diego" <dnovillo at redhat dot com>, Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com>, "Edelsohn, David" <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:36:17 -0400
- Subject: Re: First cut on outputing gimple for LTO using DWARF3. Discussion invited!!!!
- References: <44F2F642.email@example.com> <44F606CD.firstname.lastname@example.org> <44F619F7.email@example.com> <44F63A36.firstname.lastname@example.org> <44F6C961.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <44F70D34.email@example.com>
On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 09:24:20AM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Here, we won't be making syscalls
Yes, you almost certainly will. If you've got a thousand object files,
you probably don't want to keep them all opened all the time; there are
these pesky things like open file descriptor limits, for instance, and
you'll tend to degrade performance.