This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: MyGCC and whole program static analysis
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'Joe Buck'" <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM>, "'Basile STARYNKEVITCH'" <basile at starynkevitch dot net>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <mygcc at free dot fr>
- Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 18:18:06 +0100
- Subject: RE: MyGCC and whole program static analysis
On 30 August 2006 17:53, Joe Buck wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 06:36:19PM +0200, Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:
>> Maybe some of your are aware of MyGCC http://mygcc.free.fr/ which
>> seems to be an extended GCC to add some kind of static analysis.
>> I'm quite surprised that the mygcc page gives x86/linux binaries, but
>> no source tarball of their compiler (this seems to me against the
>> spirit of the GPL licence, but I am not a lawyer).
> Not just the spirit; the GPL requires that full sources be made available,
> not just a patch (alternatively, a written offer to provide full source
> can be provided with the binary, but one or the other is required).
> However, I can't tell if there is a violation, since I haven't downloaded
> the tarball and looked for written offers, and it appears that if there is
> a violation, it is a well-intentioned error. This is the kind of thing
> that the FSF usually resolves quietly and amicably.
Do you know if the included copy of $prefix/man/man7/gpl.7 counts as a
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....