This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: regress and -m64
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: echristo at apple dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, geoffk at apple dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:58:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: regress and -m64
- References: <20060829000855.CF003110019@bromo.msbb.uc.edu>
On Aug 28, 2006, at 5:08 PM, Jack Howarth wrote:
Okay. How about this. Have regress set to at least do a -m64 make
check once a week.
I think it is a G4, so testing G5 code-gen might have to wait until
the G5 emulator is done. :-)
Can you contribute G5 results once a week?
At least that would show some interest in the status of gcc at 64-
bit. It is baffling to most people how we can make any progress on
such issues if the status isn't sampled at least once every blue moon.
Sampling doesn't actually progress things much, actually contributing
code to fix it is what advances it. Bear in mind, by spending all my
time talking about it, I have even less time to try and make that
happen, which is already hard enough to do.