Re: regress and -m64

On Aug 28, 2006, at 5:08 PM, Jack Howarth wrote:
Okay. How about this. Have regress set to at least do a -m64 make check once a week.

I think it is a G4, so testing G5 code-gen might have to wait until the G5 emulator is done. :-)

Can you contribute G5 results once a week?

At least that would show some interest in the status of gcc at 64- bit. It is baffling to most people how we can make any progress on such issues if the status isn't sampled at least once every blue moon.

Sampling doesn't actually progress things much, actually contributing code to fix it is what advances it. Bear in mind, by spending all my time talking about it, I have even less time to try and make that happen, which is already hard enough to do.