This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: regress and -m64
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu (Jack Howarth)
- Cc: echristo at apple dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, geoffk at apple dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:47:59 -0700
- Subject: Re: regress and -m64
- References: <20060828223213.0342F110019@bromo.msbb.uc.edu>
On Aug 28, 2006, at 3:32 PM, Jack Howarth wrote:
Well then alternatively, might not 'make -j 2' increase the rate at
which gcc is built on regress?
Yes, we know about -j2. When I said, sorry, nope, I meant to convey
the idea that in fact that adding a -j2 won't speed it up.
Or doesn't Darwin support parallel builds?
Yes, of course it does.
If we can't speed up the testing
? -j2 makes testing go faster as well.
then we could at least speed up the build process to free up time