Re: regress and -m64

On Aug 27, 2006, at 7:24 AM, Jack Howarth wrote:
Can one of you remind me who we need to lobby at Apple

In the gcc project, contributions are generally speaking, made by an individual. Geoff operates a regression tester, probably the one you're thinking of. In the past, he has considered building/testing non-default things, and has generally shied away from non-default things. Bear in mind, the addition of -m64 comes at the cost of being able to test less often. He isn't the only one known to contribute test results on darwin however.

I'd certainly welcome a contribution of testing that included -m64, if someone has the time, resources and motivation.