Re: [Python-Dev] gcc 4.2 exposes signed integer overflows

Dan,
   Thanks for the detailed reply on the python-dev mailing list. I
had a feeling we would run into resistance on this (otherwise these
issues would have been already fixed). That's why discussions like
the "gcc trunk vs python" thread can be useful even though they are
off-topic to the list. Once the issue have been throughly discussed
for one package, we can always just reference the thread for other
package maintainers who have reservations about the necessity of
conforming to gcc's strict adherence to standards.
              Jack