This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Python-Dev] gcc 4.2 exposes signed integer overflows
- From: howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu (Jack Howarth)
- To: dberlin at dberlin dot org
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 20:03:44 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [Python-Dev] gcc 4.2 exposes signed integer overflows
Thanks for the detailed reply on the python-dev mailing list. I
had a feeling we would run into resistance on this (otherwise these
issues would have been already fixed). That's why discussions like
the "gcc trunk vs python" thread can be useful even though they are
off-topic to the list. Once the issue have been throughly discussed
for one package, we can always just reference the thread for other
package maintainers who have reservations about the necessity of
conforming to gcc's strict adherence to standards.