Backend for PicoBlaze

Hello,

I would like to ask if it would be possible to write a gcc backend for the
Xilinx PicoBlaze soft processor.

If you never heard about it, please look here:

http://www.xilinx.com/ipcenter/processor_central/picoblaze/picoblaze_user_resources.htm

As I have never programmed anything like a compiler and am
not familiar with gcc, I would like to ask how much time it would
need to implement a backend. Is it realistic to do it myself or is
there a place to request the addition of a backend.

Is it realistic for somebody with zero gcc experience to implement a backend
in a reasonable time (whatever that may mean :) ?

Or maybe I have to hope that some of you guys are implementing it. As PicoBlaze is
an open source soft processor, it would fit to gcc quite well, or ?

If you get 100 such requests per month or if this completely off topic here, I
appologize in advance.

Armin