This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Incorrect application of loop exit heuristic?
- From: Pat Haugen <pthaugen at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Pat Haugen <pthaugen at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:42:38 -0500
- Subject: Re: Incorrect application of loop exit heuristic?
Pat Haugen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote on 08/21/2006 01:22:25 PM:
> Jan Hubicka <email@example.com> wrote on 08/19/2006 07:51:42 PM:
> > Hi,
> > this patch at least hides the ugly details within some abstraction so
> > can eventally go for propagating reliability information across CFG if
> > we conclude it is important. How does it work for you?
> I like your approach, thanks. I've confirmed that the generated code no
> longer contains the mis-predicted branch hints. Will follow up with
> results from SPEC run once I get them (hosed things up for myself, so
> restarting from scratch) :-(
The results with your patch mimicked the results of my initial attempt:
perlbmk improved 7% and a couple others improved a couple percent.