Re: unwind, x86, DW_CFA_GNU_args_size

On 18/08/2006, at 6:39 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@apple.com> writes:

On 18/08/2006, at 5:42 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

We could change CSA so that when it combines a prologue instruction
with a non-prologue instruction it sets a new flag on the instruction,
and uses a table on the side to record the original values in the
instruction.

I guess that would work; but wouldn't it be easier to just have calls.c tell the dwarf output code what the right offset is?

Would that actually work correctly when the stack adjustments are combined? Wouldn't we get the wrong number when different stack adjustments were combined?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'combined' here. At present, calls.c puts the size of the arguments for that call in each CALL. What we could do is change it to put the size of the total arguments pushed so far in each CALL, even if some of those arguments will be used by a later call.