This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: strict aliasing issue
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: stuart at apple dot com (Stuart Hastings)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 17:22:34 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: strict aliasing issue
> I'm not a language lawyer; is this a legal program? (If the program
> is legal, should I file a PR?)
Mike Stump already filed a PR about this, PR 28778 and I gave a full testcase
which shows that this is legal code and the compiler should not be removing
Oh and I marked it as a regression after testing it on 3.4.0.