Re: Darwin -m64 results

On Aug 17, 2006, at 5:43 PM, Mike Stump wrote:
On Aug 17, 2006, at 4:26 PM, Jack Howarth wrote:
I assume the linker is choking on the line...

.stabs "i:G(0,3)",32,0,4,0

...right?

Yes. The linker is complaining that there is no _i in the program. If you add one, it would have worked. I'm asking our linker and debugger people what they think.

Our linker guy said:

It is a warning, not an error. It looks to me like it is correctly warning. There is no global variable "i". Is the fortran compiler optimizing away the storage, but forgetting to remove the corresponding stabs?

In the asm for it I see:

_i.0.875:
        .long   -2
.lcomm _i.1.876,4,2
        .stabs  "i:G(0,3)",32,0,1,0

so, we have two i variables, and the stabs refers to neither.