This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libstdc++ XPASS's on Darwin
- From: howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu (Jack Howarth)
- To: howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu, pcarlini at suse dot de
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, mrs at apple dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 16:58:49 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: libstdc++ XPASS's on Darwin
I would argue that if the failures are targeted at Darwin8,
which is MacOS X 10.4, and the problems are resolved in a
later point release like 10.4.7, they should be marked as
as passing. The point releases on MacOS X are free and contain
essential security fixes. Encouraging users to not stay
current with their OS security fixes should not be a goal
of the gcc developers.