This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: does gcc support multiple sizes, or not?
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Bernd Jendrissek <berndj at prism dot co dot za>
- Cc: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:32:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: does gcc support multiple sizes, or not?
- References: <44E47ECE.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060817150737.GA12397@prism.co.za>
Bernd Jendrissek wrote:
> May I jog your memory about "named address spaces". Are "near" and
> "far" pointers something that might be able to be shoehorned into any
> [future] infrastructure for supporting these named address spaces? Same
> for DJ's oddball pointers - could they fit?
Maybe so -- but that's another can of worms from a language design point
(650) 331-3385 x713