Re: does gcc support multiple sizes, or not?

DJ Delorie wrote:

> But a compile-time assigment of a symbol to a pointer should "just
> work" as long as the assembler supports it (I fixed that bug some
> months ago).

There's no reason you can't make the built-in automatically folded by
the front-end so that you still get a constant expression.

I understand that this isn't the syntax you write, in that you have to
write:

  static ptr32_t x = __builtin_ptr32 (f);

instead of:

  static void (*far x)() = f;

but I think you're much more likely to actually get the built-in
approach to work correctly in C++.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery