Re: Wannabe Contributor: Questions related to Dev Box setup and other issues

On 16/08/06, DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com> wrote:

When I first ported gcc to MS-DOS (DJGPP), RMS didn't like the idea of supporting a MS system. That changed when they started shipping DJGPP binaries on CD-ROM; in the first month DJGPP sales exceeded 50% of their total gross sales.

Actually, I remember myself learning C using RHIDE and DJGPP. So I am very grateful for what you did. Thanks!

So, think of "gcc on proprietary OSs" as a lever, not an impediment.

You are right. Point humbly taken.