This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: does gcc support multiple sizes, or not?
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu
- Cc: mark at codesourcery dot com, gdr at integrable-solutions dot net, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:38:58 -0400
- Subject: Re: does gcc support multiple sizes, or not?
- References: <200608142050.k7EKoDeA028549@earth.phy.uc.edu>
> Aren't there some targets (like ia64-hpux) that support two different
> sizes of pointers,
Heck, the i386 has ALWAYS supported multiple pointer sizes (16, 16+16,
32, and 32+16). We've just refused to pay the (high) price for