This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: building gcc 4.1.1 on HP-UX 10.20
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: wooledg at eeg dot ccf dot org (Greg Wooledge)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:24:38 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: building gcc 4.1.1 on HP-UX 10.20
> > Regarding the use of pthreads, that's strange. Without --disable-threads,
> > GCC should use DCE threads on hpux10. GCC definitely knows about the
> > threads available in HP-UX 10. See for example, gthr-dce.h.
> I have GNU pth installed in /usr/local, and (according to gcc/config.log)
> it's finding pthread.h. This is probably confusing it.
Definitely. The configuration process isn't set up to handle GNU pth.
It would take a bit of work to check for GNU pth, and to provide the
necessary option and spec support to build and link with GNU pth.
J. David Anglin email@example.com
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)