[cfo] where to find tree-ssa implementation / questions about rtl implementation.

Hello,

I'm interested in the code factoring optimization project http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cfo.html

I checked out the code ( svn  checkout svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk cfo ) but I just find the RTL implementation in rtl-factoring.c . I just wonder in which file I can find the tree-ssa form implementation.

I started to read the RTL implementation and try to understand it. Literature builds suffix trees but the RTL implementation uses other data structures. Is there a particular reason not to follow well established algorithms?

That's how far I understand the algorithm:

1. fill_hash_bucket fills a hash table of hash tables with all statements (It can also happen that different statements end up in the same bucket, I guess).

2. collect_pattern_seq goes over each distinct combination of seq_candidates ( (cand1, cand2), (cand1, cand3), (cand1, cand4), ..., (cand2, cand1), (cand2, cand3), (cand2, cand4), ..., (cand3, cand1), (cand3, cand2), (cand3, cand4), ... etc) and calls match_seq(cand<x>, cand<y>):

 Stefan