This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [g++] RFH: Is there a way to make gcc place global const class objects in .rodata ?
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: "Haase Bjoern (PT-BEU/EMT)" <Bjoern dot Haase at de dot bosch dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:16:54 -0400
- Subject: Re: [g++] RFH: Is there a way to make gcc place global const class objects in .rodata ?
- References: <D3C486BA1A1825409E44B17E8FA629600824DFF3@si-mail06.de.bosch.com>
>>>>> Haase Bjoern (PT-BEU/EMT) writes:
Haase> Meanwhile, I have reduced a test case for the issue. It's 6 lines long.
Haase> #include <complex>
Haase> using namespace std;
Haase> const complex<double> should_be_in_rodata (42,-42);
Haase> complex<double> should_be_in_data (-42,42);
Haase> complex<double> should_be_in_bss;
Haase> Presently all of them end up in bss.
Has this been opened as a GCC Bugzilla PR? I believe that this is