This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: does gcc support multiple sizes, or not?
- From: "Richard Kenner" <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- To: <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 10:45:26 -0700
- Subject: Re: does gcc support multiple sizes, or not?
>That puts it back to the original question. Is the program legal or
>not? I.e. do we support multiple simultaneous pointer sizes?
And back to my original answer: it's up to each language to decide that. We provide the infrastructure for a language to provide it if it wants it.