This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ___divti3 and ___umodti3 missing on Darwin
- From: howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu (Jack Howarth)
- To: dje at watson dot ibm dot com, howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu
- Cc: echristo at apple dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, geoffk at apple dot com, mrs at apple dot com
- Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 01:53:07 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: ___divti3 and ___umodti3 missing on Darwin
A few questions. Does linuxppc64 use the libgcc-ppc64.ver in
gcc/config/rs6000 or does it use the stock libgcc-std.ver in the
gcc directory? I am still unclear which 'owns' libgcc-ppc64.ver
since it doesn't have darwin explicitly in its name. Also does
nm -D libgcc_s.so | grep __umodti3
show the symbol being present on linuxppc64 like it does on x86_64?
Lastly are the *.ver files have any effect on symbol exporting
from the static version of libgcc? I ask because it appears that
on MacOS X 10.4, the current Xcode 2.3 has the same problem...
gcc -m64 modulo.c
can't resolve symbols:
___modti3, referenced from:
_main in ccNqYmqO.o
ld64 failed: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
and that compiler uses static libgcc.a for 64-bit (there is no
shared lib version).