This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: does gcc support multiple sizes, or not?
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: dj at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 00:05:42 EDT
- Subject: Re: does gcc support multiple sizes, or not?
- References: <200608050117.k751HsCM031429@greed.delorie.com>
> So... who is right? Are we supposed to support multiple pointer sizes
> in the same compilation unit, or not?
Who's "we"? The middle-end and relevant back-ends support it, but clearly
not all the front ends. C and Ada does but your experiment seems to show
that C++ does not.