This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Eric Botcazou appointed RTL maintainer
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 19:12:07 +0200
- Subject: Re: Eric Botcazou appointed RTL maintainer
- References: <44D1324D.email@example.com>
> The GCC SC has appointed you an "RTL maintainer". Congratulations!
A bit unexpected but thanks anyway. :-)
> That means that you have maintainership of all machine-independent RTL
> optimization passes, like jump, CSE, GCSE, flow, sched2,
> shorten_branches, etc. This post doesn't cover back ends, dwarf2out.c,
> or other things that aren't optimization passes. I know that it's hard
> to be exactly sure where the boundaries lie, but I've every confidence
> you'll use your judgment well. Please feel free to ask if you're not sure.
Obvious question: what of the RTL expander(s)?
> Please adjust MAINTAINERS accordingly -- and then please fix PRs and
> approve patches for same. :-)
I see... :-)