Re: [boehms-gc] Performance results

> 4) I have configured Linux compilers with "--disable-checking". I was
> quite surprised to see that GGC times have disappeared from the "-Q
> -ftime-report -fmem-report" output. Is this expected by design
> behaviour? What minimum configure options will cause GGC time to
> reappear?

Yes that is expected, because the default gc params with checking on
are all the same across all targets and independent of the amount of
memory in your machine.  Now with checking turned off, you get the GC
params based on your machine, how much memory is in it.

So does that mean that there is no way to get GGC debug output with --disable-checking? Is there any very cheap --enable-checking option that would be give that or am I better off to hack GCC to do it with --disable-checking?

--
Laurynas