Re: Inserting a GIMPLE node in a SSA form representation pass

Hello,

> Diego Novillo wrote:
> > sean yang wrote on 07/17/06 22:16:
> >
> >> Can someone give a brief introduction? Hopefully my question is clear:)
> >>
> > When you insert a brand new GIMPLE statement, the symbols referenced in
> > it must be rewritten into SSA form.  See the section 'Preserving the SSA
> > form' in the GCC internals manual.
> >

> Also, IIRC, tree-ssa-lim ends up rewriting those statements into SSA
> later on.

yes, in move_computations.  But note that this is not the recommended way --
in fact, it is in my TODO list of things to fix (looong way down, after
many more important problems).  In your case, you just need to ensure
that the arguments of the call_expr are ssa names (or constants).

Zdenek