Re: XIP on an ARM processor (R_ARM_GOTOFF32)

On 6/27/06, Shaun Jackman <sjackman@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm attempting to build an XIP "Hello, world!" application for the ARM
processor. I'm compiling with -fPIC -msingle-pic-base with the default
-mpic-register=r10. The layout of the memory map is such that the
.text and .rodata are in flash memory, and the .got, .data and so
forth are loaded into RAM. r10 is loaded with the address of the .got.

A workaround is to place the .rodata section after the .got with the .data section rather than with the .text data. This work-around loses the advantage of keeping the read-only data in flash, instead of copying it to RAM.

Cheers,
Shaun