Re: "Free as in Freedom"

Alexander Verhaeghe wrote:
Always threatening, you're even worse than
Microsoft...
Once again "Free as in Freedom", how dare you to use
this? Please don't forget to mention that you want to
rip me off $300!

First of all, again you are quoting my private messages.

Second, the $300 has nothing to do with me, though
I see no objection to people charging for work you
ask them to do on your behalf.

Third, can't you get it through your head that
no threats are involved here, just some very
basic statements of facts. You seem to be unaware
of these facts as was clear from your initial post.

This is certainly off-topic noise but on the other
hand perhaps it is instructive to any others
following this list who may be sharing the same
misconceptions as Alexander.

Anyway, I am killing this thread now, and apologies
to anyone annoyed by these messages. In both the
last two cases, I made the mistake of sending
private advice to Alexander, clearly something
that is not helpful in this situation.

--- Robert Dewar <dewar@adacore.com> wrote:

Alexander Verhaeghe wrote:
Quote Jan-Benedict Glaw "So please shut up now."

Quite friendly I must say, it's the german way I
suppose of handling things?

To Jan-Benedict Glaw I WON'T SHUT UP because of
"Free
as in Freedom"!
If I googled on your name and found this sort of
absurd post, I would form conclusions right away.
People will see these quotes for ever, they are
not going away, they will follow you everywhere,
is this what you want?

Do you not understand that it is technically
impossible
to remove those posts, there are thousands of copies
of
this all over the net. By posting to this list, you
gave consent to this massing reproduction of what
you
wrote, and it cannot be undone.

Free as in freedom does not allow you to insist on
other
people removing your messages, and the idea that it
violates privacy rules to refuse is absurd. On the
contrary the operation of freedom here is that
anyone
anywhere has the ability and right to copy your
posts,
and thousands of people have already taken advantage
of
this permission that you gave by posting in the
first place.