Re: Boehm-gc performance data

Hi,

> combine.c: top mem usage: 52180k (13915k). GC execution time 0.66
> (0.61) 4% (4%). User running time: 0m16 (0m14).

Are these with checking on or off?  Normally checking is on, you have
to go out of your way to turn it off.  If it were on, the real
numbers are going to look much worse than the ones you're presented.

Both sets of numbers are with checking on, I guess that makes them comparable?

Also, I've not been following real closely, but the GTY markers are
used by PCH and the dual use of them by GC allow one to find PCH bugs
more quickly and easily.  If we moved entirely to Boehm's, did you
have a plan for the GTY markers and PCH?

As Andrew already has noted, I still use GTY markers at least for registering additional roots. I don't really have a plan for PCH yet; I guess that some additional bookkeeping would have to be done in allocation routines using some weak-pointer based data structure... I don't know yet.

Thanks for comments,

--
Laurynas