Re: {Spam?} Re: Patch queue and reviewing (Was Re: Generator programs can only be built with optimization enabled?)

You can't put new features and bug fixes in the same basket. They can even be viewed as steering the compiler in opposite directions quality-wise. If you don't want to increase the patches-per-day ratio, the only solution is to prioritize bug fixes over new features. For example we could introduce secondary maintainers with approval rights for bug fixes only or something along these lines.
I agree wholeheartedly. There could be tweaks like s/approval/review/ (in the sense that they cannot approve their own fixes) or restricting these reviewers to regressions. But in general I think it's a very good starting point!

Paolo