Re: CIL back-end

Sebastian Pop wrote on 06/12/06 12:40:

> This page has no discussion about a CIL backend.

Note that I never said 'CIL'.  I specifically said 'bytecode
representation'.  The work being done for LTO will have some points in
common with an effort to build a CIL backend.

> The document in which Mark has announced the LTO briefly mentions
> that CIL was not retained for dumping the IR, without giving an
> explicit reason, so I think that we need a clear position from the
> FSF whether such a backend is accepted to be part of GCC.

Yes, that's true.  If anyone is interested in contributing a CIL
backend, the FSF would have to approve it.  That's not a decision we can
make in this list.