Re: Wconversion versus Wcoercion

"Manuel López-Ibáñez" <lopezibanez@gmail.com> writes:

| On 10/06/06, Andrew Pinski <pinskia@physics.uc.edu> wrote:
| >
| > Here is my vote, have four options:
| > -Wconversion the same as now.
|
| This is bad idea. Currently many people are relying in undocumented
| behaviour or the false perception that Wconversion detects risky
| conversions. If we keep Wconversion, they will keep using it wrongly.
| (I don't think most people will read Changelogs).

I don't believe we can just rename an existing option to another one
just like that.  First, I need to see a clear definition of
"coercion", "conversion" and a clear statement why -Wconversion should
disappear because of your project.

[...]

| My new proposal: (c) make Wconversion obsolete.

I suggest you leave it, give a clear definition of "coercion".
We will decide later whether it should be obselete or not.  I'm
unwilling to kill it or put it in a dust before seeing anything
concrete about -Wcoercion.

-- Gaby