Re: Wconversion versus Wcoercion

"Manuel López-Ibáñez" <lopezibanez@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

| (b)  keep the warnings of conversions that may change a value in
| Wconversion and move its original purpose (the warnings about
| prototypes causing ... in the absence of a prototype) to a new option
| (suggestions are welcome).

I prefer this.

I'll like to see a more precise definition of your understanding of
"coercion" versus "conversion".  Last time we dicussed this I was not
quite clear about what you consider is "bad" what is not.
I was under the impression you taught it was for "C" only, but you
have to take into account that some warnings are shared with the C++
front-end and some of them really should be common to both front-ends.

If your project is NOT about coercion in general, but those just
related to function prototypes, you should be careful about the name
of the option.  Again, this assumes you tell us what you consider
coercion and what you consider conversion.

-- Gaby