Re: [RFC] Optimization Diary

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 11:29:44AM -0700, Devang Patel wrote:
> And string does not answer localization issue, however for numbers at least
> there is one precedent to follow.

I think this discussion has gotten totally sidetracked.  When I said
I was in favor of strings, I didn't mean messages that would ever be
displayed!  It's the difference between DW_TAG_compile_unit and
"compile-unit".

It is no more work for the producer or for the consumer, it's clearer,
and conflicts are much less likely.  The only downside is that it's
larger.  But with string duplicate elimination - your linker can
do that, I hope - it's only larger by a trivial amount.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery