Re: [RFC] Optimization Diary

On Jun 7, 2006, at 10:10 AM, Devang Patel wrote:

Is it constructive (and appropriate? but hey I'm DWARF newbie myself) to declare
DWARF standard limited and full of mistakes ?

No, I am saying that dwarf2 is supposed to be stable and adding stuff is not likely
going to happen that often unlike optimizations.

Read proposal again. There is one thing in proposal that allows to handle similar
situation for diary messages in nicer way.

What look funny instead of looking right?

Do you ever wonder why errno is number and not error string ?

And how many times new error numbers get added? Almost never, compared to adding
a new optimization which can happen any time now.

Look at the problem this way, if it does not change that much often then yes it should
be a number, otherwise a message string is better.

Can we have standard numbers for file names now, then?

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski