Re: which cctool on Darwin?

Shantonu,
    Thanks for the reply. I already figured out last night that
I could use the odcctools cvs to generate a new odcctools tarball
based on cctools-590.42.1. I was able to create an updated fink
odcctools package using that tarball.
    I am bothering with this issue because I have noticed that
if I have fink sourced while I build gcc trunk manually from
the tarball that I see a slew of g++ regressions. These regressions
are identical to those reported by Bradley Lucier...

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2006-06/msg00221.html

The regressions occur even if I build gcc trunk with the fink
odcctools package deinstalled (so that the Xcode 2.3 cctools
is used). Interestingly, if I build gcc trunk with fink not
being sourced, the resulting build passes its g++ testsuite
properly. Furthermore, I can source fink after gcc trunk is
built and the g++ regressions don't show up. So the problem
appears to be a conflict with something installed by fink
that only occurs during the gcc trunk build itself.
   Shantonu, what sort of testsuite results do you get for
opendarwin when you build gcc trunk? It would be nice to get
a handle on why some of us are seeing these odd g++ failures.
In my case, they seem to be tethered to something installed
by fink but I am having a difficult time pinning it down. At
first I thought it might be the setting of MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET
but that should only be set when building packages using fink
itself and not set just because fink is sourced.
                        Jack
ps From my conversation with Geoff, I believe with the latest
cctools, we should be able to build gcc trunk on a G5 now
without resorting to the --disable-multilib hack.