This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC SC request about ecj
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: Per Bothner <per at bothner dot com>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, java at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 14:32:55 -0700
- Subject: Re: GCC SC request about ecj
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <44807C9E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 10:59:58AM -0700, Per Bothner wrote:
> Richard stallman write last night:
> I agree to the use of the Eclipse front end to generate
> Java byte codes.
> Note this does not mean importing Eclispe code into the gcc source or
> release tree. We need to decide on a practical way to have people
> grab a compatible version of ecj.
Treat it like GMP, I guess; it's an external dependency. Tell people
where to get it; have configure test for its presence and refuse to build
any dependencies if it isn't found.