This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: configure: error: expected an absolute directory name for --prefix
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: "Manuel López-Ibáñez" <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 14:01:54 -0700
- Subject: Re: configure: error: expected an absolute directory name for --prefix
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On May 28, 2006, at 1:58 PM, Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
Doesn't autotools support relative paths in configure?
The reason why you cannot pass relative paths for --prefix is because
--prefix is passed
down to all of the makefiles and others which is going to have the
Just use an absolute path constructed with `pwd`/...... .