This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Revert patch for MIPS TImode functions for 4.1.1
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Sandiford <richard at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 09:59:32 -0700
- Subject: Re: Revert patch for MIPS TImode functions for 4.1.1
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Roger Sayle wrote:
> Hi Mark and Richard,
> On Fri, 19 May 2006, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>> Roger, would you please revert your MIPS MIN_UNITS_PER_WORD change
>> for MIPS on the GCC 4.1 branch?
>> (My brain failed to digest the fact that the patch was on 4.1 as well as
>> on mainline, perhaps in part because there doesn't seem to be a PR;
>> Richard indicated to me that he would locate or open one now.)
> Please can you explicitly confirm that we want to reintroduce PR
> target/22209 as a regression from gcc 4.1.0, and break the build
> of libgfortran on all 64-bit MIPS platforms, including IRIX?
Thank you for raising this issue.
The other choice may be to delay 4.1.1 until we have sufficient
confidence in Richard's patch.
Am I correct PR 22209 is "only" a Fortran problem? This is not a
rhetorical question; I'm trying to gather data
(650) 331-3385 x713