This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Revert patch for MIPS TImode functions for 4.1.1
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Sandiford <richard at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 08:04:50 -0700
- Subject: Revert patch for MIPS TImode functions for 4.1.1
Richard, Roger --
Roger, would you please revert your MIPS MIN_UNITS_PER_WORD change for
MIPS on the GCC 4.1 branch?
(My brain failed to digest the fact that the patch was on 4.1 as well as
on mainline, perhaps in part because there doesn't seem to be a PR;
Richard indicated to me that he would locate or open one now.)
I understand that the patch added TImode functions, and that these are
useful, but, as I understand it, we've removed other more commonly-used
functions in the process, making for an incompatible libgcc. Ideally,
we'd apply Richard's patch to 4.1.1, but I think that's too big a change
to make now.
Therefore, Roger, would you please revert your patch?
Richard, your patch is OK for 4.1.2, after you feel the mainline version
has proven itself.
(650) 331-3385 x713