This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Compile options.c with -fcommon
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: hjl at lucon dot org (H. J. Lu)
- Cc: pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu (Andrew Pinski), amacleod at redhat dot com (Andrew MacLeod), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org (gcc mailing list), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 14:05:28 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Compile options.c with -fcommon
> On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 10:41:22AM -0700, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> > On May 16, 2006, at 10:39 AM, H. J. Lu wrote:
> > >
> > >I assume that -fno-common is added by hand since I didn't see it
> > >in my build logs on Linux/x86, Linux/x86-64 and Linux/ia64.
> > No it is not added by hand. It is used when checking is turned on.
> > Now I see you did not have checking on which is wrong for development.
> Here is a patch to force commoncommon symbols in options.o.
This is wrong.