This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 4.1.1 Status Report (2006-05-15)
- From: "Richard Guenther" <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: "Mark Mitchell" <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "Andrew Pinski" <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>, "gcc mailing list" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:02:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: GCC 4.1.1 Status Report (2006-05-15)
- References: <200605152231.k4FMVWmb027046@earth.phy.uc.edu> <446905B3.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 5/16/06, Mark Mitchell <email@example.com> wrote:
Andrew Pinski wrote:
>> Therefore, effective midnight tonight (i.e., 12:00AM May 17th in
>> California), the 4.1 branch will be frozen. (I previously announced May
>> 15th as a target release date.) After that point, all changes,
>> including previously approved patches, need my explicit approval. I'll
>> create 4.1.1 RC1 tomorrow.
> Just for clearification, is the freeze time tonight, the 15th or Wednesday,
> the 17th?
Shucks, that's a mess. I meant tonight, the 15th.
> This is a backport of a patch that went in last week.
Let's get that done then -- unless we think the backport is unreasonably
dangerous. I'm happy to make that call, if pointed at the patch, and if
the original submitter is uncomfortable making the decision.
>> 27603 cri P1 NEW [4.1/4.2 Regression] wrong code, apparently due
>> to bad VR...
> This patch just went on the mainline but has not gone on the 4.1 branch yet.
Applied to the 4.1 branch. Hope I didn't miss the deadline.