This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: configure: error: building in source directory is not supported in this release
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: "fsshl plinlin" <fsshl at snuhbuhguh dot zzn dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, darwin-documentation at lists dot apple dot com
- Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 15:58:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: configure: error: building in source directory is not supported in this release
- References: <FAF8804BD765DF94287A2C42FFAC4944@fsshl.snuhbuhguh.zzn.com>
On May 14, 2006, at 3:48 PM, fsshl plinlin wrote:
dear gcc [developers]:
I am try to install gcc in my MAC OS X 7.9, by down load from apple
s website's gcc-5250, but when I did ./configure
Yes that is correct we (GCC) don't support in 4.1.x building in the
directory and yes it is a known defect which is why configure errors
Please read http://gcc.gnu.org/install/ for how to do it correct.
PS. Don't cross post.